1) If we reach our GOAL, Pastor Eric will throw a Lefse PARTY for the whole congregation! 2) Plus, we would be on our way to finally BALANCING THE BUDGET! and laying the foundation for our congregation to THRIVE into the future.
Instead of mailing an envelope back to the church office, you may submit your 2022 Pledge online, your commitment to give to the ministry of Payson Park Church for 2022. We are Growing with God, for the Good of the World.
Why We Give.
Some thoughts on why we support Payson Park Church:
● As Michael is the first black member of Payson Park Church, we feel a strong affinity for the wonderful SOCIAL JUSTICE piece of the UCC. The Congregational Church as a whole has been on the forefront of social issues for centuries from the abolition of slavery, labor injustice, to ONA. We feel confident and comforted in being part of bringing the kingdom of God to fruition. ֎ Melissa Mitchell
● I feel that supporting the church, with both time and treasure, helps to allow the church to continue its worthy goals. Not only do I believe that the lives of my family have been positively affected, but I believe that the church's actions set a POSITIVE example that benefit both our immediate communities, and also the lives of others outside of our immediate area. I believe that we are living in a time when positive examples of behavior are needed, and appreciated, and we are CONTRIBUTING, as a group, to those societal needs. ֎ Hank Thidemann
● I give because I grew up watching my mom give back to the community! Most importantly because GOD HAS OPENED MORE DOORS for me and my family than I can even count! ֎ Ruth Nantaba
● Church is important for two things to me: 1) The MUSIC ♫ is UPLIFTING, 2) Kay and I have made life long friends in our 35 years association with Payson Park. ֎ Bill Hudgins
● To me, the purpose of the church is to find a place of PEACE and be SPIRITUALLY fulfilled. During tough times and times of celebration, people should be able to share their trials and blessings. Payson Park has been all of this and more! ֎ Kathy Johansen
● There are many charities to which one can give, but only in Payson Park Church do I know where WHAT I GIVE is going. That’s why I give. ֎ John Lasker
● Giving means GIVING BACK, that is, expressing my gratitude for the wonderful ministers, ministries, and parishioners at Payson Park Church. This year on Zoom has resulted in a surprising intimacy with other church members in the Bible Study and in the Open and Affirming and Sustainability Committees. I love the RECAP, which allows me to be "at church" later if I miss the Sunday service! - Gratefully, ֎ Linda J. Knight
● I give to the church for three reasons: First, because the CHURCH HAS GIVEN and continues to give me so much, I like to give back. Second, I’d never take a yoga class or go to a movie theater and not pay, so chipping in at church just feels NATURAL. Finally, it is something I have already decided is worthwhile and so have made a HABIT, which is a powerful way of keeping a commitment without having to think about it all the time! ֎ Kate Rodriguez-Clark
●- Because giving shows my thanks to God, Who has blessed me and supported me through tough times -- Because giving supports Payson Park Church, as a trusted place for me to grow in my faith in Christ -- Because giving helps me put my faith into action - let the Holy Spirit loose! ֎ Tom Best
Thank you for helping Refugees Start New Lives in Massachusetts
On November 9, Hank and Wendy delivered a full van load of household goods to a grateful crew at the Boston office of the International Institute of New England (IINE). The IINE is the International Institute of New England, helping to resettle refugees in Massachusetts since 1918.
The Missions and Outreach Committee is overwhelmed with the generosity of so many in the congregation. Thanks so much to all those who brought in kitchen items, paper goods, bedding, lamps, and more. These will be distributed to refugees who are re-settling in the area. Thanks also for the numerous cash donations, which now total more than $1100! M&O is also donating $1000 to IINE. Payson Park is making a difference!
Together we are helping ensure that Afghans and other refugees arriving in Massachusetts are resettled safely and with dignity. Thank you!