OUR THANKSGIVING GIFTS
Our annual Ingathering of Food and our Thanksgiving offering will be collected on Sunday, November 23rd, for Pilgrim Church in Dorchester. This church continues to serve its own community and the wider community by meeting basic needs - food, clothing, shelter and hospitality.
Its Urban Ministry provides:
* Emergency shelter for 120 homeless men with beds, food, showers and clothing
* Distribution of soup, pasta, sandwiches and beverages for over a hundred needy people on Boston Common every Saturday
* A free nutritious lunch for over a hundred people in its neighborhood every Saturday
* A Food Pantry and distribution of free bread three days a week
* Weekly Flea Markets and the Browse Thrift Shop which help support the church
* Sponsorship of the Dorchester Deaf Club
* Hosting the Dorchester Young Adult Narcotics Anonymous Group
Needed items to bring on November 23rd are: coffee, cocoa, powdered creamer, sugar and #10 cans of food (soups, tuna, meats and stews).
We support this ministry with our annual gifts. Let us give them with joyful generosity, appreciation and thanks for the work of Pilgrim Church.
The Mission Committee